are you facing a suspension or revocation of license?


Reapplying For A Drives License

If you engaged in dangerous, negligent or careless driving behavior which resulted in both serious legal consequences and the temporary or permanent loss of driving privileges, our attorneys can help you understand your options.

If your licenses was suspended, you do not need to apply for a new driver’s license. You will need a pay a restoration fee of $65 to the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), once the suspension period is up.

If your driver’s license was revoked, and your driving privileges terminated, it can only be reinstated if you meet eligibility requirements. It is important that you understand the conditions or terms set forth in a hearing by the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.



A driver or vehicle owner requesting a hearing must mail a completed administrative hearing form – along with the applicable fee – to the address on the appropriate form. (Requests without the paid fee will not be processed.) NCDMV will notify an applicant of their hearing date within 30 business days.

To cancel a hearing, complete the appropriate cancellation form below and mail or fax as indicated on the form. Cancellation requests must be postmarked at least 10 business days prior to the date of the scheduled hearing to receive a partial refund.

See the list of hearings below:



  • Driver license
  • Ignition interlock
  • State inspections
  • Franchise dealer disputes
  • Commercial driver license violation (third-party)
  • Liability insurance
  • Expedited liability insurance for commercial vehicles
  • Station or technician violation
  • Station or technician license denial
  • Dealer or salesman license denial
  • Dealer bond cancellation





Am I eligible for limited driving privileges? In some situations, a limited driving permit may be allowed during the suspension period. To determine if your suspension or revocation allows limited privileges based on statute, please review the limited driving privilege statute.

What is a “Failure to Appear” suspension? A “Failure to Appear” suspension occurs when a driver fails to appear in court and does not comply with a citation under G.S. 20-24.1. A 

What do I do if I receive a letter from the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles for “Failure to Appear” or “Failure to Pay?” If you have failed to appear to court or failed to pay the court, the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles will suspend your driving privileges indefinitely until you have complied with the case. You will need to contact the court in the county that you received the citation or where you failed to pay your fines.

Upon compliance, contact NCDMV to determine if you are eligible to reinstate your license.

What do I do if a substance abuse assessment is required?  ​​If your suspension/revocation requires a substance abuse assessment, visit the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services’ website to find a provider in your area to perform the assessment and determine what classes are needed. Upon completion, the provider must submit a 508 Form to the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles.

Excellent experience!! I highly recommend this firm. The staff is responsive,

knowledgeable, professional and effective.....

Walter R.