Located in the heart of SouthPark
established in 1956
A part of the community
We have been a part of the community for over 60 years, the firm was built around the cornerstone of prompt personal service and skilled, aggressive legal representation. Our attorneys continue the tradition of providing a personal solution in every case and are committed to helping clients get back to a normal life. Every member of our legal staff takes pride in providing excellent customer service, working in an efficient and timely manner to better assist our attorneys and clients to meet their goals.
We encourage a fun, humble, gossip-free, innovative, team-oriented, self-starting, and fast-paced culture. We regularly seek team members who are problem solvers, self-starters, organized, honest, timely, efficient, and can work together to assist clients in getting back to a normal life.
Equal Employment opportunity
Plumides, Romano & Johnson, PC, consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status, or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
Apply For The Paralegal Position
Successful candidates must have at least two (2) years of full-time paralegal experience in a litigation setting. Candidate must be comfortable communicating with clients in person, over the phone, and via email. Candidate should feel comfortable conducting research, doing data entry, scheduling, maintaining case files, and going to court with the attorneys. The role requires you to work onsite Monday through Friday from 8:30 PM to 5:30 PM. This is not a remote/work from home position. Salary commensurate with experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with attorneys to create a plan of action for the client’s case.
- Identify client conflicts (attorney and paralegals) and adjust as necessary, including notifying all parties who have had prior consultations.
- Assist attorney with the preparation of court documents, i.e., discovery, affidavits such as financial and equitable distribution, subpoenas, notice of hearing, divorce filings, complaints, filing and answering motions, etc.
- Make sure proper documents are filed at the courthouse, and/or sent to clients in a timely manner.
Attending calendar calls as applicable and scheduling of hearings.
- Review court calendars.
- Request any checks needed for filings from accounting with the appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate and schedule mediations when applicable.
- Attend court with attorney as needed.
- Transcribe and conduct trial prep and keep track of trial exhibits.
- Record all billable time for client casework.
- Maintain client files in an organized manner.
- Manage attorney secured leave.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Mitigate risk by escalating issues as they arise
- College degree and/or paralegal degree from an accredited school. Preferred but not necessary.
- 2 years of Paralegal experience supporting an attorney.
- Knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure (Service, Subpoenas, Discovery, Calendaring Deadlines).
- Solid understanding of legal terminology.
- North Carolina Notary Public or willing to become one upon hire. Firm will cover expense of becoming a Notary Public.
- Excellent time management skills, organization, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) – Proven ability to build trust and credibility.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrates courteous and professional demeanor with team and clients and is able to communicate calmly and clearly with individuals who are in a stressed state.
- Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding.
- Highly detailed, organized, and able to shift priorities quickly with strong follow-through skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment calmly.
- Be able to transfer and apply relevant knowledge, experience, and skills to the role.
- Be a proactive self-starter and can work with minimal direction.
SKILLS THAT WILL ADD TO YOUR SUCCESS. PREFERRED BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Family law experience
- Speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish.
- Access to legal research software.
- Computer, printer, and all necessary accessories provided.
- All necessary computer software.
- Paid vacation and 8 nationally recognized holidays.
- Easter/Good Friday
- Labor Day, Memorial Day
- Martin Luther King
- New Years Eve/Day
- Fourth of July
- Parking at the office is provided.
- CLE requirements if applicable.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- Mileage/parking reimbursement.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Onsite at our office in South Park
2115 Rexford Road, Suite 320
Charlotte, NC 28211
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Candidates must be prepared to provide references on request. Plumides, Romano & Johnson, PC is an equal opportunity employer.