Gregory John Plumides was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina. He graduated from Charlotte Country Day School and attended the University of Georgia. At the University of Georgia, he was a member of the Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society and Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. He received his Juris Doctorate Law Degree from The Cumberland School of Law at Sanford University in 1996 (making the Dean’s List that year).
The Plumides Law Office, which is now known as Plumides Romano and Johnson P.C., was originally founded by Gregory’s father, John G. Plumides, over 65 years ago. Gregory first began working for the firm at the age of 16 and is now a Managing Partner.
Gregory’s true passion is trying cases, so he has chosen to practice primarily in litigation which includes Criminal, Family, and Personal Injury Law. These areas of practice keep him in the courtroom, where he can fight for his clients.
Greg has received recognition for his work in the practice of law, including being twice named a “Legal Elite” by Business North Carolina Magazine in 2016 and 2022, an AVVO 10.0 Superb rated Attorney in the areas of Criminal law, Family Law, DWI and Personal Injury, and The Charlotte Observer’s “Charlotte’s Best” of 2021 for Personal Injury.
Gregory is a very active and respected member of the local Bar. He is currently on the Mecklenburg County Courts Family Law Local Rules Committee. He has also served as Co-Chairman of the Mecklenburg County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association from 2010 – 2016, the Mecklenburg County Criminal Courts Rules Committee, Mecklenburg County Criminal Courts Committee, the Mecklenburg County Bar Fee Dispute Committee, Mecklenburg County Bar Candidate Interview Committee and has taught DWI law to local attorneys under a Continuing Legal Education program.
2115 Rexford Road, Suite 320
Charlotte, NC 28211
- Named “Legal Elite” for Criminal Law by Business
- North Carolina Magazine 2016 and 2022
- AVVO – Rated 10.0 Superb in Family Law, Criminal Law, DWI, and Personal Injury
- The Charlotte Observer’s “Charlotte’s Best” of 2021 for Personal Injury
- Currently serving on the Mecklenburg County Courts Family Law Local Rules Committee
- Co-Chairman of the Mecklenburg County
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Association from 2010 – 2016
- Served on Mecklenburg County, Criminal Courts Rules Committee
- Serving on Mecklenburg County, Criminal Courts Committee
- Served on Mecklenburg County Bar, Fee Dispute Committee
- Served on Mecklenburg County Bar, Candidate Interview Committe
Mr. Plumides Practices in
- Mecklenburg County
- Union County
- Gaston County
- Cabarrus County
- Lincoln County
- Iredell County
areas OF PRACTICE
- All Federal and State Charges
- All Misdemeanors and Felonies
- Traffic Violations/Driver’s license revocation/reinstatement
- Domestic Violence/50B’s
- Theft/Robbery/Property Crimes
- Sex offences/Rape/Indecent liberties
- Drug Offences/Trafficking/Possession
- Violent offences/Assault/Murder
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony & Post-Separation Support
- Equitable Distribution –Property
- Domestic Violence
- Civil / Criminal Contempt
- Auto Accidents/Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall/Premises Liability.
- On the Job Injuries
- Occupational Disease
BAR & COURTS admissions
North Carolina, 1996
- State Court of North Carolina, 1997
- Federal Western District of North Carolina, 1997
- Federal Middle District of North Carolina, 1998
- Member of the Union County Bar Association 2022
- Member of the Mecklenburg County Bar Association 1997-2022
DWI law to local attorneys under a Continuing Legal Education program.
Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL J.D. – 1996 – Dean’s List
University of Georgia Honors: Member of The Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
Charlotte Country Day School